We are committed to giving you the best tanning experience you have ever had, however there are steps that you should take to ensure the best results of your tan. Proper preparation and after care will make your Paradise Spray Tan last longer.
Before Your Tan Appointment:
The key to a flawless tan all comes in the preparation phase, so before we start spraying, you’ll first want to create a clean canvas for us and remove unwanted hair, then exfoliate with an oil-free body scrub and leave off the lotion.
• It is best to shower & gently exfoliate your whole body with a loofah or exfoliating mitt the night before your tanning session (if you have a tan session in the morning) or in the morning (if you have a tan session in the evening). If you are going out hours before your tan session or are going to bed, you may wear deodorant, lotion, makeup, and perfume but make sure to rinse it all off thoroughly in the morning before your tanning session. Exfoliate with a non-oil based product or non-moisturizing ingredients. You can even do a dry exfoliate. Avoid bar soaps, a body wash such as Aveeno will be okay. Exfoliating as much as possible will remove the dead skin which usually flakes off and will promote an even lasting tan. When exfoliating, pay special attention to your knees, legs, ankles, elbows, and knuckles, on top of feet and the heel of foot. Don't exfoliate harshly because that will affect your tan and leave little abrasions that can not been seen. Your tan will last longer if you exfoliate properly and you will have great results!
• Shaving should be done 1 day before your tan session & waxing should be done 2 days before your session; therefore it will allow the hair follicles/pores to close back up before getting your tan. Do not shave or wax on the day of your appointment because it can affect the tanning application and the outcome of your tan. When showering, use luke warm water to rinse off thoroughly to prevent any residue that can cause white patches on your skin or prevent that area from tanning.
• Manicures/pedicures, hair appointments, lash extensions, laser hair removal, and massage appointments must be done prior to the day of your tanning appointment.
• It is best to use a good, hydrating lotion on your skin. When your skin is hydrated, the tanning solution will absorb like it should. Avoid lotions that contain mineral oil in it and also avoid baby oil. Using Aveeno lotion or Hempz are best to use.
Day of Your Tan:
• For the best results, do a quick rinse with cool or luke warm 3 or more hours before your appointment. This is to remove any body lotion, moisturizers, perfume, deodorant, makeup, and sweat. Spray tanning over deodorant can result in a green ring on the underarm and is difficult to remove. If you have extremely dry skin, apply a minimal amount (thin layer) of lotion lightly and evenly onto the dry skin area at least 2 hours prior to your sunless tan.
• Make sure your skin is completely dry from your shower. If it's not, your tan will not absorb properly and will peel off. Also, make sure to rinse off with cool/lukewarm water because if your body temperature is running warm, the solution will not absorb properly and your tan will result in a light color or no tan at all.
• Please wear dark loose fitting clothing for after your tan while it's developing such as a loose sun dress, loose shorts, loose t-shirt top (short or long sleeve), loose lounge pants, and flip flops or open toe sandles.
Do not wear jeans, any tight fitting clothes, tube tops/tube dresses (they have elastic), tight shorts, or tops with tight straps. With tight fitting clothes, the fabric will cause friction causing your tan to make marks and streaks and any elastics will cause marks. The bronzers may get on clothing/sheets but they usually wash off. It may stain silk, nylon, or spandex but will wash off as well.
• If you are pregnant consult with your physician prior to tanning with any solution containing DHA.
Your Tanning Appointment - During Your Spray Tanning Experience:
• Our fully experienced spray tan artist will perform a skin analysis and help you decide what color you would like to ensure the perfect tan is achieve. We have 6 different levels of color to choose from.
• Next you will step into our private mobile pop-up tent and undress. You may wear disposable spa underwear (we provide them upon request), your own underwear, swim suit, or nothing at all. Males must wear some sort of bottoms.
• Next your finger nails, inside of your wrists, and feet will be gently covered with a special cream to prevent over absorption from the tanning solution. Your spray tan artist will then spray you with our Skin Primer Prep which will remove any dirt and oils from your skin to promote a gorgeous long lasting tan. Your hair will be covered with a fabric hair cover and if requested, you will be given a nose filter. You will also be given sticky feet which protect the bottom of your feet.
• You will then stand on a clean towel and our spray tan artist will talk you through the positions you will stand in so that we can tan you with an a flawless tan. It takes approximately 15-20 minutes to be sprayed and you will feel a misting sensation. There is no need to be anxious about closing your eyes and holding your breath. When the time comes to spray your face, our spray tan artist will tell you when to close your eyes and take a breath. After the process is done, our technician will dry you with our systems heated excel dryer making your body feel non-sticky and dry. Our sunless experience is the best in town making you feel comfortable and worry free.
In-Home Spray Tanning Location Set Up Requirements.
• A well lit area is the highly recommended.
• Well lit bathroom, kitchen, living room, or anywhere our tanning tent will fit.
• Backyard or patio with access to an electrical outlet.
• Well lit garage with access to an electrical outlet.
Post Rinse Care & Maintenance
• After your spray tan is done, your spray tan artist will review the proper aftercare and ways to extend your tan so it will last as long as possible.
• Do not shower for a minimum of 8 hours after your tanning session. If your tanning session is in the morning, you may rinse off before bedtime. If your tanning session is at 3pm or after, you may rinse off the following morning. After your shower, pat yourself dry with a towel, do not rub. Rubbing yourself dry with a towel can cause your tan to streak.
• Avoid touching your tan and any activities that may cause you to perspire or sweat.
• Avoid bending your arms or folding your legs, this will cause a white diamond shape on your inner elbow or back of leg. Bending over can cause lines across your stomach.
• Avoid water for a couple of hours. You do not want any splash marks or streaks.
• Avoid hot baths. Hot baths will fade your tan fast.
• Protect your vehicle interior if running errands. Use a towel to cover leather or light colored seats.
• Dogs LOVE the taste of tanning solution. Do not let your furry friend lick your tan or it will leave a white mark on your skin.
• Swimming in the ocean will not fade your tan much. Swimming in a chlorinated pool or Jacuzzi will fade your tan fast and can make it blotchy because chlorine acts like a bleaching agent. When swimming in a chlorinated pool or ocean, wear waterproof sunscreen. This will slow down the fading process from the chlorine. We recommend Sun Bum.
• Minimize on shaving but when you do shave, use hair conditioner and a new sharp razor. Do not press hard when shaving. Bar soaps (unless it's made for tans), shaving creams and gels are drying and will cause streaks.
• It is important to keep your skin hydrated for a lasting tan! If you keep your skin hydrated and moisturized, your skin won't slough off as fast and your spray tan will last longer. Tanning extenders are a great way of keeping a long lasting tan. We recommend our luxury tanning extender Keep My Tan that was created by us and made for spray tans. It is long lasting, extremely hydrating and has a ton of botanicals and antioxidants which is beneficial for your skin.
MOISTURE! MOISTURE! MOISTURE! Apply lotion 2x a day after your first shower (if doing the 8 hour solution or the next day if doing the Rapid Tan) for this will ensure a long lasting tan. Drinking lots of water will help keep you hydrated. Avoid lotions with mineral oils. Mineral oils will strip your tan and cause your tan to be blotchy. If anything, read the back of the ingredients on the bottle. Aveeno, Cetaphil, or Hemps are good lotions to use that have no mineral oils.
Satisfaction Guarantee & Policy
We are dedicated to giving you the best flawless tan and the ultimate sunless experience every time but at the same time, you need to take care of it while it is setting/developing before you shower. If you're not satisfied with your tan, call or text us within 24 hours of purchase. Tans must be fixed within that time.
• Guarantees will be void if proper pre-tan and after care instructions are not met. They are the following (along with the Pre-tan Prep):
• Showering, or engaging in any activity that will cause you to perspire before the recommended minimum 8 hour tanning development process for our regular formula or before 1 hour for the Rapid Tan formula.
• Swimming in a chlorinated pool without wearing sunscreen or going in a hot tub. (chlorine acts like a bleach and makes a spray tan blotchy)
• Use of lotions (unless advised by spray tan artist), perfumes, oils, deodorants, or make up prior to the spray tan application that are not recommended by our professional spray tan artists.
• Not rinsing off thoroughly or exfoliating properly as instructed.
• Use of lotions, liquid make up, or touching your tan which will cause blotches and marks after your sunless application and before your first shower.
• Refusing to pay your spray tan artist for your tan. (that would be stealing)